Submit Your Feedback
Last Friday, the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) launched its online survey where educators, parents and community members like you can comment on the proposed revisions to Ohio’s Learning Standards in English and math. It also allows you to see how the proposed revisions would change the standards for each subject by grade or topic. To review the proposed revisions, go here.
- The revisions were made by educator working groups in English and math, under the direction of education leader advisory committees
- The proposed changes reflect the results of the public survey that was given earlier this year, where more than 1,000 suggested revisions were submitted by educators and the public
- Most of the changes clarify text in specific areas and make text more appropriate for intended grade levels
- This survey will close at 5:00 p.m. on August 1, 2016 and will be reviewed in early August by the advisory committees
- This fall, ODE will send the final proposed standards to the State Board of Education and the Ohio House and Senate Education Committees
- This process is expected to be completed by the end of 2016
Please take a few moments to make your voice heard by submitting your feedback--your input here is critical. We want these standards to be the best they can be to help Ohio’s children succeed.